Friday, June 14, 2019

The Final Post - Madison Wallwork

Reading everyone's final blog posts may have made me cry a little...this class gave me more than I ever expected. I thought that I would meet some friends that I'd stay in touch with, learn some things, and get one step closer to figuring out what I want to do with my life. That's not what happened at all. I made connections with people on this class that I will always cherish. I learned more about fish, corals, algae, sampling methods, and academia than I ever imagined. I found out about so many paths my career could take and I am ever farther from knowing what I'm going to do with my life. I'm kind of okay with that. This class truly changed my life, I loved the field work and collaborating with everyone. It's Friday night at 11:43 (the class has been over for 7 hours) and I already miss it.
This week at UWF we got to compile all of our water quality data and we all put together our presentations. Everyone's presentations were very interesting and well done. It was nice to see what creative questions everyone ended up coming up with.
Although I learned a ton, what was really special to me was the relationships that I built during these 5 weeks. These people are my family. From singing and dancing together the day after we met, to making dinners every night, to 11 pm Mamma Mia dance parties in the Keys marine lab wet lab, I wouldn't trade these 5 weeks for the world. Below are some of the people who made my 5 weeks such a fantastic time. Thank you all. I love you dearly!





No comments:

Post a Comment